12.08.2009

I forgot Monday.

No, actually I didn't. Not in my mind. Monday was an actual free dress day. And for a private school that has uniforms and regulates non-uniform items like backpacks and sweaters, an actual free dress day was a stretch. It was like a spirit week day without the crazy costumes and itchy, hard-to-explain accessories. It was like having a normal day (read: day at home while stopping at school to run the errand of attending classes kind of feeling).

I've never had the opportunity to go to school in normal, casual, playclothes before. I've attended this particular school since kindergarten and the closest I've had to wearing normal clothes are for occasions like field trips, spirit week, and special presentations, which all required 'special' apparel anyway. It was quietly exhilarating to not have to tuck my shirt in, wear something lazy and comfortable (albeit a little sloppy) and not feel like I had to show up starched and pressed like I've tried for the past 13 years at this place. It was simply an understated awesome.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, it was way more then awesome. I enjoyed myself. I was really uncomfortable today. :(

    ReplyDelete