12.06.2009

I'm sorry but I HAVE to talk about this...

Obession. That's one word a lot of people may use, since it's the easiest word to describe or identify this kind of excitement. Dedication, commitment, serious hobby, those are words/phrases I would use. Either way, I log onto my Perfect World account as soon as I come home from school, and leave it running (whether I'm afk or not) until about 10:30 at night.

For anyone who doesn't know yet (haven't heard me rant yet, huh?), Perfect World is an MMORPG. In short, a kind of internet-based game. It's not the first MMO I've played (thank you Matt for dragging me through 99% of the rest I've tried), but it's by far the best. Other people may argue that there's better out there, but either I don't have the money, or you just haven't convinced me to leave my niche in experimenting with different character types and builds.

Personally, I favor venomancers. How lame... NOT. The cheapest, most versatile character you can make (except for the fact that they're only female) is what I like to have a variety of. I like how you can not only experiment with armor types versus character points, but also with the different skill sets one can acquire or even with what kind of pets to train. A veno can tank, a veno can DD, a veno can lure, a veno can be the scariest sh*t you go up against in PVP, or can be the consummate soloer. Why not make a veno? You can be the best at everything (technically, anyone can, but they'd have to go out of their way much more than a veno).

Besides, I admit, spending cash, real-life cash on this game is half the fun. I am a declared Boutique-gamer when I find something worth it. The customizations for characters are already awesome, and buying stuff for them makes it all the more better :) Although it's a relatively new game, there's already a large variety of STUFF to look at and choose, to upgrade and sell or keep, to just trade around and lend people. My main character, xXInvictusXx, is already a clotheshorse to the point of having dressed all my alts and still having plenty of leftover fashion to bank. But don't think I just go after the cool-looking albeit useless stuff. Oh hell no.

I've bought Anniversary Packs to hold until they're worth a bit more than they are now (since they were there for a limited time) to sell later. I spent about three bucks socketing a sword just so I can shard it a second time for more magic attack at a lower level. I have maxed inventory space, maxed bank space, the (almost) fastest aerogear, a (somewhat) rare land mount, pretty decent armor for my level, and the coin to pay for its upkeep. If I wanted to, I'd sell gold and just buy my way through leveling (but that's no fun, and I'd be leaving my pets behind by several levels) but who wants to do that? I don't think it's a bad thing to buy stuff for games when it's not necessary, I just think it's bad to do it to the point of practically cheating your way through. And I'm not doing that. Honest.

I've even gone as far to attempt writing a walkthrough guide. It started with little sheets of paper I wrote in Seminar to give to friends who are just starting so they'd quit asking me certain questions over and over, but it's turning into an actual book with what I've written so far (mostly on venos, surprise, surprise, and quick PVP, buy/sell, equip tips). Ho-ly SMOKE. I'm trying to type them out, but I get too distracted in the process. Message me if you want a copy sometime when I'm actually done typing up what I have.

Anyway, here's some lo-quality screenies of the game, and the website for downloading if you're interested http://pwi.perfectworld.com/. I've successfully recruited three people to serious gaming on PW, and have interested one more... look at what you're missing out on! >:D


Oh, and P.S. if you get to 65+ quickly enough, fill out an application for my guild here: http://pwi-liberate.com/ and don't listen to the sh*t talk about us. It comes from old enemies who are just jealous little kids who couldn't handle Ventrilo with adults. Blah to them.

3 comments:

  1. so would you say this game is better than WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. would I? no. reason 2/2: I honestly don't have the expertise to make an 'educated' decision about any game, much less the been-around-the-block repertoire to know anyway. reason 1/2: I've never played WoW past level 10, so I wouldn't consider that a fair comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, to whom am I speaking? my mind burns to know the answer as I'm an extremely curious person.

    ReplyDelete