12.07.2009

Things That Irk Me.

After spending my entire day talking (thank you, cool teachers/classmates), I found a lot of things that made me laugh. Perfect example: spending 2/3 of lunch break and 90% of fourth block Seminar reading posts on MLIA (http://mylifeisaverage.com/) sends me into fits of laughter that make my stomach hurt. Now what does that have to do with things I find irking? Mostly with the people that are prick enough to think a little humor is stupid, but also those little things that throw me straight off-kilter.


I don't know about you, but some people call me OCD... I hate when I walk into a classroom with dirty whiteboards and a full bottle of cleaner spray sitting on the pen ledge. It makes me feel like cleaning the whole thing off. I hate it when people have such bad grammar, even their texts don't make sense. I'm all for abvtng n shrt msgs, but if I don't understand, don't think I'm going to reply in English either. Saying "Oh, who's this?" isn't that hard to express, is it? Er. Irritatingly enough, another pet peeve of mine are those self-righteous assholes. Yeah. To put it bluntly. Those people that spend all day saying that the world is wrong, and then putting down in permanent ink that it's such a great place to live in. Fuck you. Minor story mixups I'll take, but pure and conscious hypocrisy is... God, please tell me my generation is going someplace, please!


My number one irk: someone that gets ahead and for all sound logic, shouldn't. I'm not talking about the amazing stories about paraplegics that walk again, I'm talking about someone who's not present in class all semester acing the random extra credit on the exam when it was clearly about a conversation we had that they weren't present for. I'm talking about the irritating beginner's luck n00bs get while being babied through their first 19 levels of a game, despite the fact that their help and saviors are fifty levels ahead and should be programmed to make it a touch harder. I'm talking about being the first one to have something and spend days, sometimes weeks, telling people how much you like it and enjoying it for yourself and then someone going to go get it themselves and somehow do a much better job at having it, whether it be a flash game they beat you in, a particular newly discovered name brand, or a keyboard shortcut on the computer. It just drives me nuts. I can't even go back to some games on Facebook anymore because I've been beaten in three days by someone who was previously a full 48,000 experience points behind me, and either found a way to play during school, or is such a loser that they had to hack their way up just to say they're tops. I'm guessing . second one. Asshat. 'Scuse the profanity.


Dear God, if you exist, save me from this kind of patheticism. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. I don't get the picture for the "Very Irritating" thing. But I do agree with your blogage about how people on facebook games. I hate playing forever and then some lame kids asks me to tell them how to play and like 5 days later there all on my level. /:

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i completely hate that too :P
    and the picture's about slow/non buffering of crappy online vids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess we just have to live with it. /:

    ReplyDelete